Question-Answer relationships (QAR) is a powerful strategy to boost comprehension.
When learners are taught with the QAR comprehension method, they are able to answer questions related to what they have read more accurately.
The strategy gives a strong foundation for identifying the topic, the main idea and the supporting ideas of a text accurately.
This QAR Comprehension Fiction – Worksheet with a Rudyard Kipling story and 28 QAR questions can show learners that they are more capable readers, writers and communicators than they think and inspire confidence.
- Worksheet shows with examples how to understand question-answer processes.
- Explains QAR types clearly, for learners to use them easily.
- Offers practice in finding answers, for each type of QAR question with confidence.
- Offers modelling, for literal and higher level processes of thinking.
- Rudyard Kipling’s classical short story, for a really good read.
- Has exercises, for learners to read the story and apply literal and critical thinking skills.
- Both for printing and completing as a PDF form on the computer, for accessibility.